[cs23021] Lab 9 Problem

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Tue Oct 26 21:52:58 EDT 2010

> I am still having problems with lab 9. My main problem seems to be
> referring to variables from other classes and calling functions from
> other classes.

You cannot access the object's private variables outside its member
functions. This violates encapsulation. In the below function you are
trying to access the private variables of "loc" - an object of class
"location" inside the function "match" which is not the member
function of class location.

You should use "compare" inside ship::match() to compare two
locations.

Thanks,
--
Mikhail