[cs23021-2] Problems With Eclipse

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Sat Jan 30 14:12:27 EST 2010

> Hello Professor
>
>     I am Macaire Bell and I am in your CS 23021 Class. I am unfortunately
> having problems with the Cygwin Toolchain. Cygwin's toolchain is not an
> option unless I uncheck the box that says "Show Project types and toolchains
> only if they are supported on the platform". I attach a picture of the
> errors I am receiving.

If the Cygwin toolchain is not present then Eclipse cannot find cygwin
installation at all or the compiler there.  The image that you
attached shows that Eclipse cannot compile your program.  There may be
a couple reasons:

   - c:\cygwin\bin  is not in your PATH variable

     Check cygwin is in your path variable. If it is not, add it
     there. Restart Eclipse and check if it finds the installation.

   - the compiler and development tools are not installed in cygwin

     See if you can find gcc.exe and g++.exe in c:\cygwin\bin. If not,
     reinstall CygWin and add development tools.

   - gcc.exe.lnk and g++.exe.lnk are not renamed

     rename the links as described in the home installation
     instructions.

Thanks,
--
Mikhail