[cs23021-2] CS23021 Eclipse question

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Sat Jan 30 13:58:02 EST 2010

> I installed Eclipse on my laptop and I'm getting a warning when attempting
> to build any of my programs at home:
>
> **** Build of configuration Debug for project Lab2_NumberSpell ****
>
> ****  WARNING: The "Debug" Configuration may not build  ****
> ****  because it uses the "Cygwin GCC"  ****
> ****  tool-chain that is unsupported on this system.  ****
>
> ****  Attempting to build...  ****
>
> Do I need to be concerned about this warning?

You should be. It looks like you have not installed development tools
in your cygwin installation. Eclipse checks in cygwin and if it can't
find all of: binutils, gcc and make, it decides that not enough of gcc
is installed for cygwin to use it. Here is a discussion about it:

http://old.nabble.com/cygwin-toolchain-unsupported--td15180630.html

I suggest reinstalling cygwin and carefully following the installation
instructions on the lab webpage.

Thanks,
--
Mikhail