[cs23021-2] CS23021 Midterm question

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu Mar 11 10:04:54 EST 2010

> I just have an inquiry about tomorrow's midterm exam. You mentioned that it
> was an essay format exam in class. I was looking over the sample midterm and
> was wondering if all of the questions had to be in essay format or just some
> of them? For example, the first question has a list of concepts that each
> seem like they could be answered in one sentence each, followed by a line or
> two of code for each concept. Is this going to be sufficient for answering
> the question?

"essay questions", as opposed to "multiple-choice questions", require
you to state your answer rather than select it from a list of
alternatives.

The answer does not have to be extensive. Specifically, you should
answer the question completely and avoid writing irrelevant
information.

When grading, I will not take into account the parts of your answer
that were not specifically asked for in the question (since it is not
fair to other students who answered the question precisely). However,
I will take off points for an incomplete answer.

So the advice is, to read the exam question carefully and answer it to
the point.

Thanks,
--
Mikhail