[cs23021-2] Lab 9 - Battleship w/ Classes

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Fri Oct 30 09:12:33 EDT 2009

> Attached is a copy of the code I have come up with in order to complete the
> Battleship portion of the Classes Lab.  I am curious about your thoughts on
> the code as my way of solving this problem is so different than the method
> laid out in the header file provided for us; is there perhaps a concept you
> want us to learn that I am skipping over, or will we be using this code
> again in even later labs in such a way that the effort required on my behalf
> for these future labs will be greater since I coded this lab in the way i
> did?

Your implementation is more procedural than what was suggested. That
is, you removed a couple of objects and substituted them by standalone
functions. However, procedural code is harder to understand and
maintain. The purpose of this lab is to learn object-oriented
programming concepts. I recommend re-coding your lab assignment using
the suggested classes.

Thanks,
--
Mikhail